Pesticides and Fertilizer Southern Ag was started in 1930’s by Hans Diem. During this time, crop dusting by hand was the most common method of pesticide application. Blended dusts included ingredients such as Sulfur, Copper, Pyrethrin and Rotenone. Personnel and equipment was moved between locations in Florida and North Carolina to maintain a year round business. The company was incorporated in 1947. John Diem joined the business after a brief career in gun powder manufacturing during WWII. SA-50 became the company’s trademark because 0.5% pyrethrin dust was the chief product. The four blocks on the logo represent the Swiss flag. In the later part of the 1940’s the company started to distribute and formulate many of the new products that were being developed by such companies as Bayer, Ciba, Dow and Dupont. In the 1960’s and 1970’s many of the customers were vegetable farms and feed stores. The business has expanded into supplying pesticides and fertilizer products for turf, ornamental and retail. The company is still owned and operated by the founding family.
Address: PO Box 218 Palmetto, FL 34220 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: J.C. Diem Phone: 941-722-3285 FAX: 941-723-2974